Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scheduling your week

As a new full time mom I felt like my days were unending lists of chores.  Early on I established parameters for my week so that I no longer filled every spare moment with chores and instead left time to pursue my own passions.  Here is what I mean.  I only do laundry on Mondays and Fridays.  If it's not M or F, I pass right by it and feel no guilt!.  I double recipes regularly so that I only have to make dinner 3 or 4 out of 7 days.  Whenever I grill chicken I grill a lot of it, cube it, and freeze it for easy dinners on nights I have not thought ahead about it.  On Fridays we clean and when I say we, I really mean it.  Curtis who is only 2 and a half can run the vacum cleaner through the entire family room and actually pleads with me to do it.  They each get to choose their favorite cleaning chore and do it.  My six year old daughter loves to mop and pretend she is Cinderella.  On Tuesday mornings I work on Productive Parenting.  If it's not a Tuesday morning I don't work on it.  I'm playing with my kids.  I find that when I put my "to do's" into specific slots it FREES me up to not think about them outsid eof their alloted time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...