Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Monday, January 11, 2010

Plowing through the winter!


Even though the ratio is high regarding time it takes to dress your young child to face the elements of winter and the time they are actually outdoors...it's worth it!  I am learning to abandon my impatience and instead just accept that yes, it really can take 20 minutes to get out the door, 5 minutes to decide where everyone is sitting if we're going in the car and 5-10 minutes to put seatbelts on.  I can choose to frustrate myself and my children by my impatience or I can accept that their fingers are not yet as adroit as my own and give them the gift of my patience.  Wish me luck as I continue on this journey in 2010 to enlarge my margins of patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...