Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just provide some props...

I'm always amazed what transpires when I provide some new props to my children's day.  I'm not talking about new toys, just items that you already havea round the house.  This week I had a lot of mulch to spread so one morning I collected all of the gardening tools we own including watering cans, shovels, buckets, gloves, etc., and placed them all in a row on the driveway.  I told the kids we were playing gardener today and that's all it took.  Now while they may not have 'helped' me spread mulch, they did help me to get the job done by playing with the other tools in ways that interested them.  We also do a yearly picking of weeds in which I award a penny a weed.  We spent the earnings on ice cream later that afternoon.  Involve your children in your own 'chores.'  Not only will it help you get things done that you need to do, your children will feel valued to have been part of the process and confident/proud that they helped out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...