Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mom Feature: Meet Mandy

Meet Mandy


Hi, I'm Mandy, and I blog over at www.SugarBeeCrafts.com.

I enjoy crafting (obviously) but first and foremost I'm a wife and mother. I have been married 10 years and we have four children, ages 8,6,4,2. It's fun!!

When do you feel like you're doing your best job as a mom?
When the kids are giggling and can't stop. I love the pure joy of that. It's nice to see them so happy and think, well we must be doing something right...

You knew this one was coming... when do you feel like you're doing your worst job?
When everyone's in tears - complete opposite of the previous question. If they're talking meanly and making each other upset, I just wonder why I haven't been able to teach them to love each other better.

What surprised you the most about motherhood?
It's fun! Everyone talks about all the hard work - which there's plenty of! - but there's also a lot of fun with kids. I love it.

What is your go-to activity when a meltdown is on its way?
Give attention - anything to distract and show the child that we can do something fun together. Give them a reason to have fun instead of melt down.

What have your children taught you?
To enjoy everything - to love some of the simplest things. I think you can learn a lot from your kids. It's through them that I become a better person.

What will you miss the most about these years with young children?
The way they want to spend 24/7 with me - I'm sure one day they won't want to, so I need to enjoy it now!

You can follow Mandy and her family at her blog, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...