Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our Special Code

When I was a little girl, I was extremely shy - especially in crowds. I would cling to my mom and beg her not to leave my side.


So my mom created a special code for us to use when we were at parties or in large groups of people. All I had to do was touch my nose, and that would be her signal that I needed to see her alone.



Most of the time I didn't need anything - but I just wanted a few minutes alone with my mom, away from all of the people and noise. We'd duck into a bathroom or go outside or sit in the car for a minute - I'd tell her what was on my mind, or just give her a hug. And then we'd go back and join the crowd.

It worked like a charm.



And when I look back on my childhood - I remember my mom always having time for me. I remember that I never once doubted or questioned her love for me.



I'm doing my best to make sure my kids look back on their childhoods and feel the same way.

Anna Luther, mother of three

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...