Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Friday, July 17, 2009

Creative ways to hang out together

This weekend I hope we don't burn the house down! My husband has been working for the past several weekends making a fire pit in the side woods next to our house. He has installed lights, mortared a brick fire pit that will be here long after the house is gone someday in the future, and this weekend is putting the final piece into place-attaching a huge canvas sheet on the side of the house on which to watch a movie! I have to admit I'm kind of excited about it myself! He wasn't sure what to use as ground cover around the fire pit where there is currently just the dirt ground so I found a tree service that drops off wood chips for free and they are delivering ours tomorrow. We have a hose hooked up to the side of the house inches from the fire pit so I think we'll be safe. My husband and I had a few dry runs of fires to make sure they don't let off too many sparks and so far, so good! We'll get out some marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers and viola!, a free family film night! Any suggestions on good flicks for a 2, 4, and 6 year old? The woods was just sitting there; now it's going to be transformed to a place where many great memories will be made! Have a great weekend and hope we don't burn our house down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...