Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Play to your strengths!

Bedtime is just not my thing. I love my kids, I spend 90% of my day fully engaged with them but something about the bedtime routine just sends me over the edge! Maybe it's that I see the finish line of the 'mom' part of my day and I find that I want to run full speed to cross it. Which means I feel impatient and leaves my children feeling rushed as opposed to relaxed. So tonight I may be turning over a new leaf. I asked if my husband would mind doing the bedtime rituals and I'd come up to say goodnight towards the end. So far so good. I hear a lot of laughter coming from upstairs and I feel myself relaxing and transitioning from a busy day to some down time with my husband. Why didn't I think of this months ago?! Now I feel totally ready to go up there and tuck three sweet kids into bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...