Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Transitions


Get the coffee ready we've started school! I'm not sure who's having a harder time transitioning to an earlier wake up: myself or my children? Funny how with kids one change has a ripple effect in creating many more adjustments. The earlier wake up means earlier to bed which means more time in the evening to spend with my husband or work on other interests. Running which used to be done at 7am will now be pushed back to 6am or on some days late afternoon, My husband who works until 8pm 4 days a week will have to spend time with the kids at breakfast instead of before bedtime, It's like there's a scale and anytime you add or remove from one side of it, the other side has to be adjusted to even out the scale once again. So, that's where I am right now, re balancing our family scales and my own so that I still have quiet times to myself to exercise and think and time for the whole family to be together even if only for a short time every day. I know many of you are also in this phase and will be for the next few weeks. I've come to accept these transition times as part of the package of parenting. It doesn't mean I'm slipping up when I feel a little overwhelmed with changes. It's simply that my external circumstances keep on changing and so I must from time to time adjust with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...