Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mom Feature: Meet Brianna

Meet Brianna

My name is Brianna, and I blog at This Rookie Wife. I was married on May 7, 2011 to my Youth Pastor hubby. We discovered we were pregnant a few months after getting married, and I gave birth to our first child, a baby girl, on May 16, 2012. 

I`m a stay-at-home mom, although I consider blogging my part-time job. I also will be getting more involved in my husband`s ministry in the fall.
 

What surprised you the most about motherhood?   
I wasn't expecting to be so totally and completely exhausted. Even though my daughter, who is 5-months-old, is sleeping through the night, I still feel totally drained by the end of the day. 

I also didn't now what a parent`s love would feel like, and I am surprised by the changes that I see in myself. I`m totally overwhelmed with love for my baby girl. It`s a precious feeling to have.  

Oh, one final thing: I didn't realize how difficult it is to have a hot meal when you have a baby. My daughter always seems to be hungry right when my dinner is ready!
 

What do you think prepared you the most for becoming a mom? 
I read a lot of books, especially on breastfeeding. I watched a lot of videos too and talked to moms who recommended that I get certain products, etc. 

I found preparing myself practically did help me a bit with motherhood, but nothing prepares you like the first day of actually being a parent!
 

What is your "typical" day like these days? 
Right now I`m typically breastfeeding a lot throughout the day, playing with my daughter (and getting great tips from Productive Parenting), and spending time relaxing by blogging and reading. 

I don't get out much, which is sometimes hard, but I just tell myself that this is a short season that will be over shortly!
 

What are you looking forward to the most as your baby grows up?  
To be honest, I try not to look forward. I have a problem with wishing the time away. I did that when I was in high school and wished for university. In university I wished for a career. When I dated my husband I wished for marriage. 

Now, I just tell myself that I need to enjoy my little girl and not think about what comes next, because this time just goes by too fast. 
 

What will you miss the most about these baby years?  
Everything! I keep trying to soak up every minute of this time with her. I like that she doesn't get into things yet. I like that she snuggles with me, and I can kiss her over and over and she doesn't mind. I like that she sleeps lots at night and has lots of naps during the day! I`m going to miss this time when my pumpkin gets bigger!

Follow Brianna and her family at her blog: http://thisrookiewife.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...