Productive Parenting HomeActivitiesFree MembershipAbout UsJoinLog InContact UsParenting LinksFacebookBlog Home

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sharing Interests


It's an exciting day when you feel you can share your own interests with your children. My husband and I took our older two children to a Cincinnati Reds game a few nights ago and we genuinely had a great time! Keys to making it through a full 9 innings: A stocked bag of snacks and drinks, each child could bring a favorite animal or doll along, a great kids playground area midway through the game, and several rounds of fireworks for home runs and at the end for a Reds victory! It's exciting to feel as though we are 'rounding a base' as a family to engaging in activities that we ALL enjoy! Sporting events, bike rides, hiking, kayaking. Spending time with the kids is beginning to feel less like a sacrifice and more like a mutually refreshing time for us all! As your children become more interested, bring them into your world. I enjoy photography and recently gave my daughter an old digital camera so that she can take pictures with me when we go to the park. It's a great way to continue feeding my own passions while at the same time spending quality time deepening the relationship with my daughter. On the flip side, I try to stretch myself to partake in her world which right now is playing pretend. I'll admit it doesn't come easy but she appreciates the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...